Adobe, the leading software company for creative professionals, has announced three new generative AI models under its Firefly brand at the Adobe MAX 2023 conference. These models are designed to help users create stunning images, vectors, and designs with simple text prompts and interactive tools.
Firefly Image 2 Model: The Next Generation of Text-to-image Generation
Firefly Image 2 Model is the successor of the original Firefly Image Model, which was launched in 2022 as a generative AI tool that can produce realistic and high-quality images from text descriptions. The new model has improved in several aspects, such as:
- Higher resolution: The model can generate images up to 4K resolution, which is four times higher than the previous version.
- More diversity: The model can produce more diverse and creative images that match the user’s intent and style preferences.
- More control: The model allows users to fine-tune the generated images with sliders, brushes, and masks.
Some examples of what the Firefly Image 2 Model can do are:
- Generate images from a detailed text description, such as “a blue dragon flying over a snowy mountain”.
- Remove or add objects to an existing image, such as “remove the people from this photo” or “add a unicorn to this photo”.
- Apply styles or textures to words and phrases, such as “write ‘happy birthday’ in gold glitter”.
Firefly Vector Model: A New Way to Create Vector Graphics
Firefly Vector Model is a new generative AI tool that can create vector graphics from text prompts. Vector graphics are scalable and editable images that are commonly used for logos, icons, illustrations, and animations. With the Firefly Vector Model, users can:
- Generate vector graphics from a text description, such as “a logo for a coffee shop called ‘Bean There’ with a green bean shape”.
- Generate color variations of a vector graphic, such as “change the color scheme of this logo to blue and yellow”.
- Generate animations from a vector graphic, such as “animate this logo with a bouncing effect”.
Gadgets 24 shared a post on Twitter:
During its Adobe MAX conference, Adobe unveiled three innovative generative AI models: the Adobe Firefly Image 2 Model, Adobe Firefly Vector Model, and Adobe Firefly Design Model. #Adobe #AdobeMAX2023 pic.twitter.com/WuiZKv7EAJ
— Gadgets 24 (@gadgets24_now) October 12, 2023
Firefly Design Model: A New Way to Design Layouts and Compositions
Firefly Design Model is another new generative AI tool that can create layouts and compositions from text prompts. Layouts and compositions are arrangements of visual elements that are used for web pages, posters, flyers, magazines, and other design projects. With the Firefly Design Model, users can:
- Generate layouts and compositions from a text description, such as “a poster for a music festival with a retro vibe”.
- Generate variations of a layout or composition, such as “change the font of this poster to something more modern”.
- Generate suggestions for improving a layout or composition, such as “make this poster more balanced and eye-catching”.
How to Access Firefly Models?
Firefly models are available as standalone web applications that anyone can use for free with limited credits. Users can also access Firefly models within Adobe Creative Cloud applications, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere Pro. To use Firefly models within Adobe apps, users need to purchase Adobe generative credits, which are also included in some Adobe Creative Cloud plans.
For additional recent articles, please follow the link provided below:
- Adobe’s Symbol for AI Content Tagging: A New Icon of Transparency
- Google’s AI Image Generator: A New Way to Generate Images from Text
Why Adobe is Investing in Generative AI
Adobe is one of the pioneers and leaders in generative AI research and development. The company has been exploring the potential of generative AI for enhancing creativity and productivity for years. Some of its previous generative AI projects include:
- Project VoCo: A tool that can edit speech audio as easily as text.
- Project Puppetron: A tool that can transform portraits into stylized caricatures or cartoons.
- Project Awesome Audio: A tool that can improve the quality of audio recordings with noise reduction and enhancement.
Adobe believes that generative AI can empower creators to express their ideas more easily and effectively. The company is committed to developing generative AI responsibly, with creators at the center. It also supports initiatives such as the Content Authenticity Initiative and the Coalition for Content Provenance and Authenticity, which aim to promote accountability, responsibility, and transparency in generative AI.