MediaTek, a leading chipmaker based in Taiwan, has recently launched its latest mobile processor, the Dimensity 8300. This processor is designed to offer a lot of power and performance while using less battery life and supporting advanced features such as AI, 5G, and gaming.
In this article, we will take a closer look at the specifications, features, and performance of the Dimensity 8300 processor.
The Dimensity 8300 is built on TSMC’s 4nm manufacturing process, which is the same as the flagship Dimensity 9300 processor. This process allows the chip to have higher performance, lower power consumption, and smaller size compared to previous generations.
The Dimensity 8300 has a 1+3+4 core architecture, which means it has one high-performance core, three performance cores, and four efficiency cores. The high-performance core is a Cortex-X3 core clocked at 3.35GHz, which is the highest frequency among all MediaTek processors.
The performance cores are Cortex-A715 cores running at 3.32GHz, which are also very powerful and can handle demanding tasks. The efficiency cores are Cortex-A510 cores operating at 2.2GHz, which are optimized for low-power scenarios and background activities.
The graphics are handled by a Mali-G615 MC6 GPU, which is a six-core GPU that can deliver up to 60% faster performance than the previous generation. The GPU also supports features such as ray tracing, variable rate shading, and HDR gaming.
The Dimensity 8300 also has a dedicated AI processor, called the APU 4.0, which can perform up to 3.3 times faster than the previous generation. The APU 4.0 can support various AI applications, such as face recognition, voice recognition, image enhancement, and video editing.
The Dimensity 8300 also supports 5G connectivity, with a built-in 5G modem that can support both sub-6GHz and mmWave bands. The modem also supports dual 5G SIM, 5G carrier aggregation, and 5G ultra-save mode. The processor also supports Wi-Fi 6E, Bluetooth 5.2, and GPS.
The Dimensity 8300 has several features that make it stand out from other processors in its category. Some of these features are:
- HyperEngine 4.0: This is a gaming optimization technology that can enhance the gaming experience by improving the graphics quality, network stability, and battery efficiency. HyperEngine 4.0 can also enable features such as game mode, game assistant, and game fast loading.
- MiraVision: This is a display enhancement technology that can improve the visual quality of the screen by adjusting the brightness, contrast, color, sharpness, and dynamic range. MiraVision can also support features such as HDR10+, SDR to HDR conversion, and blue light reduction.
- Imagiq 6.0: This is a camera enhancement technology that can improve the image quality of the camera by supporting features such as noise reduction, HDR, night mode, bokeh, and AI scene detection. Imagiq 6.0 can also support up to 200MP single camera or 32MP+16MP dual camera, and up to 4K 60fps video recording.
- Voice Wakeup 3.0: This is a voice recognition technology that can enable the device to wake up and respond to voice commands even when the screen is off or in low-power mode. Voice Wakeup 3.0 can also support features such as voice unlock, voice assistant, and voice control.
Check out some other new content we’ve published:
- MediaTek Announces Dimensity 9300 Chipset with All-Big Core Design and Generative AI Engine
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 3: A New Era of Generative AI for Flagship Smartphones
The Dimensity 8300 has been benchmarked on several platforms, such as Geekbench, AnTuTu, and GFXBench, and has shown impressive results. According to the Geekbench listing, the Dimensity 8300 scored 1512 points in single-core and 4886 points in multi-core, which puts it slightly ahead of the Dimensity 8200 and 8200-Ultra processors.
According to the AnTuTu listing, the Dimensity 8300 scored 608,321 points, which is higher than the Snapdragon 7+ Gen 2 processor. According to the GFXBench listing, the Dimensity 8300 scored 58 fps in Manhattan 3.1, 34 fps in Aztec Normal, and 20 fps in Aztec High, which are comparable to the Snapdragon 7+ Gen 2 processor.
The Dimensity 8300 has also been spotted on a Redmi phone, believed to be part of the upcoming K70 series. The phone is expected to feature a 6.7-inch FHD+ AMOLED display, a 64MP quad-camera setup, a 4500mAh battery, and 65W fast charging. The phone is also expected to be priced around $400, which makes it a very attractive option for sub-flagship smartphone buyers.
The Dimensity 8300 is a powerful and efficient processor that can offer a lot of features and performance for sub-flagship smartphones. The processor can compete with the Snapdragon 7+ Gen 2 processor, which is the main rival in this segment.
The processor can also enable smartphone makers to offer more affordable and attractive devices with 5G, AI, and gaming capabilities. The Dimensity 8300 is expected to debut on November 21, along with the flagship Dimensity 9300 processor, and will be available on various devices in the coming months.