Diablo 4, the latest instalment in the popular action role-playing game series by Blizzard Entertainment, is getting a new patch on November 7, 2023. The patch 1.2.2 will introduce some new features, gameplay changes, and bug fixes for both the Seasonal and Eternal realms. Here are some of the highlights of the patch notes:
One of the most exciting additions in patch 1.2.2 is the Malignant Rings, which are five new unique rings based on the popular Malignant Powers from Season of the Malignant. These rings are available for each class and can be obtained by defeating the Echo of Varshan.
The Malignant Rings have special effects that enhance the skills and abilities of the classes, such as:
- Ring of Red Furor (Barbarian): Guarantees a critical strike and increases critical strike damage for Hammer of the Ancients, Upheaval, or Death Blow after spending 100 Fury within 3 seconds.
- Tal Rasha’s Iridescent Loop (Sorcerer): Increases damage for each type of elemental damage dealt and refreshes the bonuses when dealing elemental damage.
- Airidah’s Inexorable Will (Druid): Pulls in distant enemies and deals physical damage to them when casting an Ultimate Skill and again 5 seconds after. The damage is increased by the amount of Willpower the Druid has.
- Writhing Band of Trickery (Rogue): Leaves behind a Decoy Trap that taunts and lures enemies and explodes after 3 seconds dealing shadow damage when casting a Subterfuge Skill. Can occur every 12 seconds.
- Ring of the Sacrilegious Soul (Necromancer): Automatically activates the equipped skills Raise Skeleton, Corpse Explosion, and Corpse Tendrils on corpses around the Necromancer.
You will be able to obtain unique rings with powers from Season of the Malignant in Diablo 4 Patch 1.2.2:
In Patch 1.2.2 of Diablo 4 you will be able to acquire special Unique rings that have powers from Season of the Malignant. More details about the rings have been made known!#DiabloIV #Diablo https://t.co/VuhtuXnQXM pic.twitter.com/Iwqjhe8dUW
— Wowhead💙 (@Wowhead) November 5, 2023
Season of Blood Adjustments
The patch 1.2.2 also brings some changes to the Season of Blood, the second season of Diablo 4 that started on October 27, 2023. The season features the Sanguine Battery Event, where players have to collect Potent Blood from enemies and use it to activate Vampiric Powers that grant various benefits. The patch 1.2.2 makes the following adjustments to the event:
- Pillar health has been increased from 75% to 85%.
- Pillar repair time has been decreased from 3 seconds to 1 second.
The patch 1.2.2 also fixes some bugs and issues that were reported by the players. Some of the notable bug fixes are:
- Resolved a bug that prevented the other adversaries from being stunned when Lord Zir was stunned during the boss battle.
- Resolved a bug that prevented Metamorphosis from granting momentary movement speed boosts.
- Resolved a bug wherein the Anticipation Vampiric Power failed to show the Cooldown Reduction for Ultimate powers while in the city.
- Resolved a problem whereby the Hectic Vampiric Power failed to shorten the skills’ charge cooldown.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to finish the seasonal quests “Faith” and “Battle of Fear” without finishing Chapter 3 of the Season Journey.
- Fixed a bug that allowed 25 Potent Blood to be wasted by manipulating the Vampiric Powers upgrade button while no new powers were available.
- Resolved a bug that prevented Lord Zir from respawning if the player left the boss arena too soon after his reappearance.
- Resolved a problem where Hemomancy might be triggered by non-damaging skills and evade.
If you are interested to know information about other games. You can check the links below:
- Madden 24 Update 1.007 Patch Notes: What is New in the Latest Patch?
- Xenoverse 2 Patch Notes: What is New in the Latest Updates?
Events and Dungeons
- Resolved a bug that prevented progress when an adversary appeared in the Luban’s Rest dungeon behind a locked door.
- A problem where monsters may appear from a Nightmare Portal location even after it has been destroyed or transferred has been fixed.
- Several cases where the quest marker would vanish while a player left the region while completing several quests have been fixed.
- Resolved a bug that caused Prava and her knights to become stuck in the Scouring of Caldeum if any Elites were slain in the task “Kill Demons Attacking from Above” from a distance.
- Resolved a bug where Lilith could continue to use area-of-effect strikes after losing the first round of the Echo of Lilith.
- Resolved a bug that allowed Angelbreath or Potions to appear at random during the spawning of The Beast in the Ice.
- Resolved a problem where followers may become stranded while crossing a traverse repeatedly.
- Resolved a bug wherein Inner Sight was not activating correctly when used against Training Dummies.
- Resolved a bug that prevented Druid Companions and Necromancer Minions from attacking Training Dummies.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Screen Reader from correctly reading life totals higher than 999.
- Fixed a bug where some text in the Vendor and Crafting displays wasn’t being read by the PS4 Screen Reader.
- Fixed a bug that prevented accomplishments linked to the Hatred’s Chosen bonus from activating as expected.
- Numerous stability, performance, and graphic enhancements.
The patch 1.2.2 for Diablo 4 is expected to bring a lot of improvements and new content for the game. The Malignant Rings, the Season of Blood adjustments, and the bug fixes are some of the main features of the update. The patch will be available on November 7, 2023, for PC, Xbox, and PlayStation platforms.