What’s new in Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.1, the surprise patch that comes with the Ultimate Edition on December 5, has been made public by CD Projekt Red.
Cyberpunk 2077 producer Monika Janowska, quest director Paweł Sasko, senior community managers Amelia Kołat and Alicja Kozera, and others revealed during a Twitch stream that the patch will contain the long-requested metro system.
According to Sasko, CD Projekt Red ultimately decided to include the metro system because it was included in both the Phantom Liberty cinematic trailer and the original Cyberpunk 2077 trailer.
Gamers can move between 19 metro stations, which they can utilize as a quick stopover or as an actual metro ride (which they can always skip). On their map, Night City lists the five metro lines that are currently in operation. Players will only be able to use the metro system following the Konpeki Plaza event in the game when they get a call from the metro director.
One of the most anticipated features of the update is the addition of a fully functioning metro system to Night City. The metro system, also known as Night City Area Rapid Transit (NCART), consists of 19 metro stations spread across five lines, and it allows players to travel around the city faster and more conveniently.
The metro system also adds more immersion and realism to the game, as players can interact with other passengers, listen to announcements, and see the city from a different perspective. The metro system was originally shown in the E3 2018 trailer of the game, but it was not implemented at launch due to technical difficulties.
On December 5th, the same day Cyberpunk 2077:
On December 5th, the same day Cyberpunk 2077: Ultimate Edition hits the shelves, we’ll release a free Update 2.1 introducing new and hotly anticipated gameplay elements. 🔥
— Cyberpunk 2077 (@CyberpunkGame) November 30, 2023
Another important aspect of the update is the introduction of accessibility features to the game. These features are designed to make the game more playable and enjoyable for players with different needs and preferences. Some of the accessibility features include:
- Colorblind mode: This mode allows players to adjust the color of the user interface, subtitles, and other elements to suit their vision.
- Text-to-speech and speech-to-text: These features enable players to convert text to audio and vice versa, making the game more accessible for players who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have difficulty reading.
- Controller remapping: This feature allows players to customize the controls of the game to their liking, and it also supports adaptive controllers for players with limited mobility.
- Difficulty settings: This feature allows players to adjust the difficulty level of the game to their skill and preference, and it also includes a new easy mode for players who want to focus on the story and exploration.
Another exciting feature of the update is the improvement of car chases in the game. Car chases are one of the most thrilling and dynamic aspects of the game, but they also suffered from some issues and limitations in the previous versions. The update addresses these issues and adds more variety and challenge to the car chases. Some of the improvements include:
- Better AI: The update improves the artificial intelligence of enemies and allies during car chases, making them more responsive and realistic. Enemies will now use different tactics and weapons to pursue and attack the player, while allies will provide more support and assistance to the player.
- More options: The update adds more options and possibilities for the player during car chases, such as using different vehicles, hacking, shooting, and ramming. The player can also choose to escape or confront the enemies, depending on the situation and the quest.
- More rewards: The update also increases the rewards and consequences of the car chases, such as money, reputation, loot, and reputation. The player can also unlock new achievements and trophies related to car chases.
Check out some other new content we’ve published:
- Metal Gear Solid Delta Release Date, Gameplay, Story, and More!!
- Destiny 2 Season 23 Release Date, Theme, and Features
Phantom Liberty Fixes
The update also fixes some of the issues and bugs that were introduced by the previous update, Phantom Liberty, which added a new expansion to the game. Phantom Liberty is the first major DLC for Cyberpunk 2077, and it features a new storyline, new characters, new locations, new weapons, and new gameplay mechanics.
However, it also came with some glitches and problems that affected the game’s performance and stability. The update resolves some of these issues, such as:
- Quest progression: The update fixes some of the issues that prevented players from completing or advancing in some of the quests in Phantom Liberty, such as Balls to the Wall, Dog Eat Dog, Firestarter, Moving Heat, New Person, Same Old Mistakes, Somewhat Damaged, The Killing Moon, and You Know My Name.
- Visual glitches: The update fixes some of the visual glitches that occurred in some of the scenes and animations in Phantom Liberty, such as Reed’s party outfit, the sniper nest, the shuttle doors, and the gate to Bill’s hot dog stand.
- Performance optimization: The update improves the performance and stability of the game on both PCs and consoles, especially in the Dogtown area, which is the main location of Phantom Liberty. The update also reduces the loading times and the memory usage of the game.
Other Fixes and Improvements
In addition to the features and fixes mentioned above, the update also includes a number of other fixes and improvements for the main game and the base game. These include:
- Quest fixes: The update fixes some of the issues that affected some of the quests and gigs in the main game and the base game, such as Automatic Love, Ghost Town, Gig: Breaking News, Gig: Going-Away Party, Gig: The Lord Giveth and Taketh Away, Killing in the Name, Playing for Time, and Space Oddity.
- Gameplay fixes: The update fixes some of the issues that affected some of the gameplay mechanics and systems in the main game and the base game, such as the healing and radio icons, the clue scanning, the Bartmoss Collective website, and the distortion effect.
- User interface fixes: The update fixes some of the issues that affected some of the user interface elements and options in the main game and the base game, such as the colorblind mode, the text-to-speech and speech-to-text features, the controller remapping, and the difficulty settings.