Samsung has officially announced the One UI 6.0 beta program for its Galaxy devices, based on the latest Android 14 operating system. The beta program is open to participants in China, Germany, India, Poland, the Republic of Korea, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
Users can sign up for the beta program through the Samsung Members app and get a chance to try out the new features and design of One UI 6.0 before its official release.
What’s New in One Ui 6.0?
One UI 6.0 brings a number of improvements and enhancements to the Galaxy user experience, such as:
- A more refined and consistent design language, with smoother animations, adaptive color schemes, and redesigned icons and widgets.
- A more intuitive and customizable notification panel, with quick settings tiles that can be rearranged and resized, and a new conversation widget that shows recent messages and calls from your contacts.
- A more convenient and secure privacy dashboard, with easy access to your permissions settings, app usage history, and microphone and camera indicators.
- A more intelligent and personalized device control, with smart home devices that can be accessed from the power menu, and a new device care feature that optimizes your battery, storage, memory, and security.
- A more fun and creative camera app, with new modes such as portrait video, director’s view, and dual recording, and new editing tools such as stickers, filters, and AR emojis.
Which Devices Are Eligible for the Beta Program?
The One UI 6.0 beta program is available only for specific devices, OS versions, and countries. The first devices to receive the beta update are the Galaxy S23 series (Galaxy S23, Galaxy S23+, and Galaxy S23 Ultra), followed by the Galaxy A54 and A34. Other eligible devices include the Galaxy S22 series, Galaxy Note 22 series, Galaxy Z Fold 3 series, Galaxy Z Flip 3 series, Galaxy Tab S8 series, and more.
The beta program period and compatible devices vary by country. Users can check the availability of the beta program for their device and region through the Samsung Members app or the Samsung Developers website.
Galaxy A52s has joined One UI 6.0 beta testing:
Galaxy A52s has joined One UI 6.0 beta testing: https://t.co/YblVguenL3
— SamMobile – Samsung news! (@SamMobiles) October 16, 2023
How to Join the Beta Program?
To join the One UI 6.0 beta program, users need to have a Samsung Account and a compatible device. Users can follow these steps to join the beta program:
- Download the Samsung Members app from the Galaxy Store or the Google Play Store.
- Log in to the app with your Samsung Account.
- Select the “Registration for One UI Beta Program” in the home banner or notices page to register.
- On your device, select “Settings > Software update > Download and install”. The beta software will be installed.
Users can also leave the beta program at any time by selecting “Settings > Software update > One UI Beta Program > Withdraw from Beta Program” on their device.
If you want to see newer articles, just click on the link below:
- Double Tap Gesture in watchOS 10.1 Beta: A New Way to Interact With Your Apple Watch
- Alienware Upgrades Its Aurora R16 Gaming Desktop With New Intel and Nvidia Hardware
How to Provide Feedback on the Beta Software?
Samsung encourages users to provide feedback on the beta software features, performance, and usability to help improve the Galaxy user experience. Users can provide feedback on bugs or errors in the beta software by selecting “Beta feedback > Send feedback” in the Samsung Members app.
Users can also provide UX or UI-related feedback, such as usability or feature suggestions, by selecting “Beta Community > Suggestions” in the Samsung Members app.
Samsung has also released a tracker for the One UI 6.0 public beta releases, where users can find download links for the beta builds sorted by device names, regions/SoC variants, and release chronology.
Samsung is expected to release the stable version of One UI 6.0 for its Galaxy devices later this year or early next year. Until then, users can enjoy the latest One UI features and design through the beta program and help Samsung create an exceptional experience for Galaxy users.