Samsung is expected to launch its next flagship smartphone series, the Galaxy S24, in early 2024. According to recent rumours and leaks, the Galaxy S24 launch date could be as soon as January 2024, ahead of the Mobile World Congress (MWC) event.
Why is Samsung Launching the Galaxy S24 Early?
Typically, Samsung releases the Galaxy S series during the MWC in February or March. But in 2023, Samsung broke with convention and released the Galaxy S23 series in January. This was thought to be caused by the worldwide chip shortage, which had an impact on the supply and manufacturing of smartphones.
In order to avoid rivalry from other smartphone manufacturers like Xiaomi, Oppo, and OnePlus, which often release their flagship products around the MWC event, Samsung may have chosen to unveil the Galaxy S24 series early. With an early release of the Galaxy S24 series, Samsung may be trying to outdo its competitors and draw in more business.
Samsung Galaxy S24 series US launch date leaked:
Samsung Galaxy S24 series US launch date leaked https://t.co/64VZLKEMBc
— Android Authority (@AndroidAuth) November 3, 2023
When is the Galaxy S24 Launch Date?
The debut date of the Galaxy S24 is scheduled for January 11, 2024, per a trustworthy source. According to an earlier rumour, the Galaxy S24 series would debut in the second week of January. This is consistent with that. According to the source, pre-orders for the Galaxy S24 series will open the same day, and shipping will begin on January 28, 2024.
The launch date of the Galaxy S24 coincides with the 2024 CES event, which is scheduled to start on January 9, 2024, and last for the remainder of the week. Samsung may decide to have a separate online event or have an Unpacked event at CES 2024 to introduce the Galaxy S24 series.
Check out some other new content we’ve published:
- Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra Leak: What to Expect from the Next Flagship Phone?
- Samsung Announces Shinebolt HBM3E Memory: A New Milestone for High-Bandwidth Memory Technology
What to Expect From the Galaxy S24 Series?
The Galaxy S24 series is expected to consist of four models: the Galaxy S24, the Galaxy S24+, the Galaxy S24 Ultra, and the Galaxy S24 FE. The Galaxy S24 series is rumoured to feature a new design, a brighter display, a faster processor, a better camera, and a longer battery life.
Some of the rumoured specifications of the Galaxy S24 series are:
- A 6.2-inch, 6.5-inch, 6.8-inch, and 6.4-inch display for the Galaxy S24, S24+, S24 Ultra, and S24 FE, respectively.
- A 120Hz or 144Hz refresh rate and a QHD+ resolution for the display.
- A Snapdragon 898 or Exynos 2200 chipset for the processor, depending on the region.
- A 12GB or 16GB RAM and a 128GB, 256GB, or 512GB storage for the memory.
- A 50MP, 64MP, or 200MP main camera, along with a telephoto, an ultra-wide, and a depth sensor for the rear camera.
- A 10MP or 40MP selfie camera for the front camera.
- A 4,000mAh, 4,500mAh, 5,000mAh, or 4,500mAh battery for the Galaxy S24, S24+, S24 Ultra, and S24 FE, respectively.
- A 25W, 45W, or 65W fast charging and a 15W wireless charging for the battery.
- A S Pen support for the Galaxy S24 Ultra and the Galaxy S24 FE.
The Galaxy S24 series is also expected to come in various colors, such as Phantom Black, Phantom Silver, Phantom Green, Phantom Violet, and Phantom Pink. The Galaxy S24 series is likely to run on Android 13 with One UI 6.0 on top.
The Galaxy S24 series is expected to be priced between $349.89 and $1,199.99, depending on the model and the configuration. The Galaxy S24 series may also offer some discounts and trade-in deals for the customers who pre-order the devices.
The Galaxy S24 series is shaping up to be an impressive lineup of flagship phones, with a new design, a powerful performance, a stunning display and a versatile camera system.
Samsung may surprise us with some additional features and innovations, such as an under-display camera, a foldable screen or a holographic projector. The Galaxy S24 series is definitely worth keeping an eye on, especially if you are a fan of Samsung or Android phones.