One of the top applications that supports PlayStation, Xbox, and PC platforms is Discord. It lacks a PlayStation app despite being the first choice for players to connect online. Given that Sony announced its collaboration with Discord last year, that will undoubtedly alter in the upcoming months. There will soon be a native Discord app for PlayStation. Here is a quick tutorial on how to use Discord on your PlayStation 4 and PS5, for those who can’t wait to use it on their console.
Here’s How To Use Discord On A PS4 Or A PS5.
Step 1: Launch PlayStation Party on your PlayStation 5 and choose a friend to communicate with in step one.
Step 2: Type “www.discord.com” and message your friend with it. Simply go to www.discord.com using the web browser on your PS4 if you’re using it. You must provide the discord link as a message and click on it in the conversation since PS5 doesn’t have a native web browser you can use. The webpage will then be displayed on PS5’s browser.
Step 3: Choose “Open Discord in your Browser” from the webpage and enter your login information.
Step 4: After logging in, you may use Discord to read and send messages.
How To Connect Your Discord Account To Your PlayStation Account.
Step 1:Open the Discord app on your smartphone
Step 2: Select “Connections” from your profile’s menu.
Step 2: Select “Connections” from your profile’s menu.
Step 3: In the top-right corner of the screen, select “Add”
Step 4: Choose “PlayStation Network”
Step5: Login to your PSN account in step five.
Step 6: You can decide whether to show your PSN activity and game activity status on your Discord profile after signing in. The game you’re playing right now and your PSN account will be visible to anyone who clicks on your profile.
How to Get Discord on PS4 and PS5
In order to integrate the Discord and PlayStation experiences more closely, Sony established a collaboration with the messaging giant and made a minority investment in Discord last year. Discord has begun rolling out a feature that allows you to link your PlayStation Network (PSN) account to Discord for a rich presence as part of this initiative. The steps to link your PlayStation account to Discord and show your PlayStation 4 (PS4) or PlayStation 5 (PS5) game activity in your Discord profile is covered in this post. However, you’ve come here to see if the PS4 and PS5 versions of the Discord software are compatible. You’ll be disappointed by the response, but keep reading to learn everything there is to know about Discord’s functionality on PlayStation platforms.
On PS4 And PS5, Use Discord (2022)
There is no native Discord app for the PS4 and PS5 consoles, therefore we won’t waste time in this tutorial going in circles. Discord is not currently available for console installation. However, there are some laborious workarounds to allow audio chat to function on PS4 and PS5, as well as a way to read your Discord messages on your PlayStation console. To learn how it all works, use the table below.
Messages From Discord Can Be Read On PS4 And PS5.
While PlayStation 4 and 5 don’t come with a native Discord client, there is a workaround that enables you to access Discord on your console in read-only mode. When we put this strategy to the test, we were unable to participate in voice chats or send messages. However, if you want to check your Discord messages on your PS4 or PS5, follow these instructions:
1. Open a chat window with your friend after starting PlayStation Party.
2. Enter “www.discord.com” in the chat box and send the message to a friend on your PS5. Since the PS4 has an integrated browser, you can communicate with your friend without sending a message. On your PS4 console, you can open Discord Web directly in the browser.
3. After choosing the link, you should wait for PlayStation to open it in a new browser tab.
4. After entering your login information, select “Open Discord in your browser” to launch the chat application on your PlayStation.
5. That concludes it! Messages from Discord can now be read directly on your PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5. Although it is not as handy as using a native client, this approach makes it easier for you to rapidly read messages from your Discord gaming friends.
Getting Discord On PS4 And PS5 Using a WorkAround
We came across two workarounds when looking for a way to combine Discord talk channel audio with game audio from your PS4 or PS5. These two techniques ought to work for you if you are passionate about utilizing Discord on your PlayStation system and are willing to take any measures for it. We won’t go into too much detail regarding these techniques because they are laborious and incredibly time-consuming. Instead, we advise you to hold off and wait for the native Discord client to launch on PS4 and PS5, which should come within the next 4-5 months.
Regarding the workarounds, allow me to briefly describe how to compel Discord to run so that you can chat with pals on your Playstation console:
1. An Astro MixAmp Pro TR ($129.99 on Amazon) is needed to use one of the most popular Discord features, especially to join voice channels, while listening to game audio on your PS4 or PS5. Along with a PC having Discord installed on it, you’ll also need a compatible set of USB-connected headphones.
Once you have everything you need, you must link your PS5 and PC across platforms. You may do this while using your PlayStation console to play your favorite game and communicate with your friends. See this YouTube video for comprehensive directions.
2. Although the alternative workaround is less expensive, it is still inconvenient. In this case, PS Remote Play is required to access your games on your iOS or Android smartphone. Create a second PS account, set it as your default, and sign into the PS Remote Play software with this account, as described in a video by creator Octorious. After that, attach your headset to your phone, join a Discord voice channel, and use the Remote Play app to connect to your PS4 or PS5.
Sign In To Discord With Your PlayStation Network Account
The methods below can help you link your PlayStation Network to Discord so that people using the chat app can view your PS4 or PS5 game status:
1. Launch Discord and go to the Settings page by clicking on the gear icon in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
access the Discord settings
2. To browse a list of all Discord integrations that are readily available, select “Connections” from the Settings page’s left sidebar.
3. To connect your Sony account with Discord, click the PlayStation Network logo under the “Connect Your Accounts” area.
4. Enter your PlayStation account login information on the sign-in page that displays, then click “Sign In.”
5. Your PlayStation account information will now be visible on Discord’s Connections page. You have the option to make your PSN account visible on your profile and your gaming activities visible in your Discord status.
Status Of PlayStation On Discord Not Operating?
The likelihood is that your PSN privacy settings are to blame if, even linking your PSN account, you are still unable to see your PlayStation activity on Discord. Here’s how to modify your PlayStation Network privacy settings:
1. Go to “Privacy Settings” in the left sidebar of the Sony account management page in a browser.
Sony’s privacy options
2. Click the “Edit” button next to “Online Status and Now Playing” in the “Personal Info | Messaging” section of the privacy settings.
change the now playing and online status settings
3. Switch the privacy setting from “Friends Only” to “Anyone,” then click “Save” to finish. On Discord, users may now view your PS5/PS4 game activity.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does The PlayStation 5 Have A Discord App?
No, the PS5 does not have access to the Discord app. You are able to connect your PlayStation Network account to Discord as part of the agreement between Discord and Sony. You can use the chat app to brag to your pals about your gaming prowess.
How Can I Connect My Discord Account To My PlayStation Account?
From Discord’s Connections page, you can connect your PlayStation account. In this article, we’ve laid out how to link your PlayStation and Discord accounts.
When Will Discord Be Available On The PS5?
There is currently no precise release date for the Discord app for PS5 and PS4. The business does state that it will “maintain [the] cooperation with PlayStation and explore how we might together develop exceptional shared experiences,” though.
PlayStation 5 And PlayStation 4 Support Discord
In order to display your gaming activities on your Discord account, you can connect your PlayStation account to Discord in this manner. While it’s nice that you can now add PlayStation games to Discord, we hope that the cooperation will eventually lead to better outcomes, such as a dedicated Discord PS5 app. You can utilize this Discord integration in the interim to inform your pals of your gaming antics. And if using the chat app while playing games on your PS4 or PS5 doesn’t bother you, you can try one of the solutions we listed above. Check out our linked list of the top PlayStation 5 games if you’re looking for new PS5 games to enjoy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is It Possible To Use Every Discord Feature On A PlayStation Console?
On your PS4 or PS5, you can use Discord for voice chat, but it may get pricey. The Astro MixAmp ($189 on Amazon) is required, as is setting up a cross-connection between your PlayStation and PC. You will then be allowed to utilize your PS and Discord conversation after that.
When Will PlayStation Receive The Discord App?
There have been discussions of introducing a Discord app for PlayStation since Sony revealed its investment in and collaboration with the messaging service Discord. Only your PSN account can currently be linked to your Discord profile. But by March 2023, PlayStation users might finally be able to access Discord on their console.
Exists A Discord Substitute For PlayStation?
While there isn’t a cross-platform Discord substitute, you can use PartyChat to expand your PSN’s user base.