Apple has introduced a new, more affordable Apple Pencil that works with all iPad models that have a USB-C port. The new Apple Pencil has the same pixel-perfect accuracy, low latency, and tilt sensitivity as the previous generations, but pairs and charges with a USB-C cable instead of magnetically attaching to the iPad. The new Apple Pencil will be available in early November for $79.
What Are the Features of the New Apple Pencil?
The new Apple Pencil has a matte finish and a flat side that magnetically attaches to the side of the iPad for storage. A sliding cap reveals a USB-C port, enabling customers to use a USB-C cable to connect to the new Apple Pencil for pairing and charging.
When attached to the iPad for storage, the new Apple Pencil enters into a sleep state to preserve battery life. The new Apple Pencil offers the same advanced pixel-perfect accuracy, low latency, and tilt sensitivity that customers love with Apple Pencil (1st and 2nd generations).
The new Apple Pencil works great with iPadOS features like Scribble and Quick Note, and when collaborating with others in Freeform. When used with M2 models of iPad Pro, the new Apple Pencil supports hover, allowing users to sketch and illustrate with even greater precision.
Apple announces a new low-end Apple Pencil for $79 with USB-C:
Apple announces a new low end Apple Pencil for $79 with USB-C https://t.co/Xh4UND0WgJ
— Mark Gurman (@markgurman) October 17, 2023
Which iPad Models Are Compatible With the New Apple Pencil?
The new Apple Pencil is compatible with all iPad models that have a USB-C port, including:
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th generation
- iPad Pro 11-inch 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th generation
- iPad Air 4th and 5th generation
- iPad 10th generation
- iPad mini 6th generation
The new Apple Pencil is the most affordable model in the Apple Pencil lineup, making it ideal for everyday productivity and creativity. Customers can also choose from the other two models of Apple Pencil:
- Apple Pencil (2nd generation), which has wireless pairing and charging, pressure sensitivity, and double-tap to change tools. It is compatible with iPad Pro 12.9-inch 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th generation; iPad Pro 11-inch 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th generation; iPad Air 4th and 5th generation; and iPad mini 6th generation.
- Apple Pencil (1st generation), which has pressure sensitivity and pairs and charges via Lightning. It is compatible with iPad Pro 12.9-inch 1st and 2nd generation; iPad Pro 10.5-inch; iPad Pro 9.7-inch; iPad Air 3rd generation; iPad 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th generation; and iPad mini 5th generation.
If you want to check out more recent articles. You can check the link below:
- Apple to Unveil New Mac Models with M3 Chip This Month
- Apple is Working on a New System to Update iPhones in Stores
Why Should You Buy the New Apple Pencil?
The new Apple Pencil is a great addition to the Apple Pencil family, bringing more choice and value to iPad users. With pixel-perfect accuracy, low latency, and tilt sensitivity, the new Apple Pencil is ideal for note-taking, sketching, annotating, journaling, and more. The new Apple Pencil will be available in early November for $79.